Thursday, August 07, 2008

Silly Ryan

Here are some random silly things Ryan has said or done in the past month.

  • Yesterday, he ventured downstairs by himself while I was in the bathroom. When I went to find out what he was doing, he said his hair was wet from the rain. Now, it had been raining outside so I began trying to figure out where the water could be coming from. When I took a closer look at his hair I realized he'd put diaper rash cream in his hair and what he was trying to tell me was that he needed a bath.
  • One evening when we were reading a book about dinosaurs, I pointed out that the dino had a tissue. I was about to tell Ryan he was using it to wipe away his tears when Ryan asks, "Sneeze?" Well that would be a logical explaination since we tell Ryan he has to wipe his nose with a tissue when he sneezes.
  • Ryan has a potty that he sometimes uses. He agreed to put on big boy underpants the other day. Right after he went to the door and asked to go in the pool. We use a real swimsuit on him when he goes swimming, not the swim diapers. I guess he figured that the underpants were a smaller version of a swimsuit.
  • Pee-doh is how Ryan pronounces Play-doh.
  • If Ryan comes up to you and asks for a "new." He'd like his diaper to be changed. I suppose this is because both Adam and I always tell him he needs a new diaper when he needs to be changed.
  • A half hour after putting Ryan to bed one evening, he came running into our room and said, "ta-da!" He wasn't so happy when we walked him back to his room and put him back to bed.
  • Yesterday, I was sure Ryan put his plate from lunch next to the sink while I was feeding Tim. While helping him clean up his toys last night, I opened the seat of his Mater ride-on to discover he had put the plate and the last two bites of his sandwich inside.

One never knows what a two year old will do or say next.

No comments: