Friday, June 05, 2009

Five minute photos

Yesterday, I went to the nuclear department of the hospital and swallowed two pills which were in a plastic bottle and the plastic bottle was in a metal vial. The pills contained a trace amount of radioactive iodine... Adam called me radioactive woman all day.

Today, I had photos taken of my thyroid. I lay in this thing that looks like a CT scanner with a cone-shaped camera while four photos were taken. Each photo took five minutes. Five minutes of only breathing and swallowing. The weird thing is that my nose, neck, chin and other parts of your face itch when I have to sit still for five minutes at a time.

I also had a test in which this robotic arm looking thing tested how much radioactive iodine was in my body versus the amount in my thyroid.

I am awaiting test results (which the nurse at my doctor's office says she'll let me know as soon as she does!) and I see the endocrinologist next week. I bet this week will drag on, but that's okay since Kyle, Sarah and Miss Katy are in town.

1 comment:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

This ordeal just DOES NOT SOUND FUN! I hope the results turn out with good news :).