Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Books

These are two of Ryan's favorite books right now. I also enjoy reading them to him, so I thought I would share with you guys. There have been, in the past, a few books that he LOVED and I HATED, so this is a nice change for me.

Where Teddy Bears Come from By Mark Burgess and Russell Ayto is a really cute story of the little wolf who wants a teddy bear. Little wolf can't sleep at night so he asks his mom where teddy bears come from. She tells him to go ask the wise owl and so little wolf sets out on a journey in which he meets the three little pigs, Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks, just to name a few. He does find out where teddy bears come from (well, SOME teddy bears). I like that it mixes characters from other fairy tales and that there is a cute, happy ending.
I may have reviewed this book before, but the Uglified Ducky by Willy Clafin is a twist on the ugly duckling story. It's got all the same elements, but the uglified ducky is really a moose (this may be why I REALLY like it... I love moose!). I think Ryan likes the silly words that sound like real ones, but are just made up kiddo speech.

What good books are your kids reading?

No comments: