Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Today I am 36 weeks and two days pregnant. Amazingly, the past few months have gone by quickly, though the last few weeks seem to be dragging. I am ready for baby to arrive. So, I was at least a little pleased when I visited the doctor today and they said I am 2 centermetres dilated and that baby is in a head-down position. But for those of you who have been pregnant before or just know a lot about pregnancy, you know that being 2 cm dilated means nothing. Doctors don't like to predict when we'll go into labor, mainly because they have no clue. Our bodies do their own thing.

So, when can we expect Little McGee? Sometime between today and after May 23, my due date. I get to "hurry up and wait." Since today is a beautiful day with no rain in sight, I plan to clean my car and install the car seat. Then I'm going to sit on the swing and enjoy a book I checked out of the library last night. I may get around to scrapbooking, too. Yesterday, I finished the photos from 2005 and added the baby shower to the baby book. But there's always more scrapbooking to be done. I still have wedding photos to get into the wedding album - I'm just about four years behind!

1 comment:

Christopher said...

I was just skimming through blogs and I came across yours...first off, congrats on the new baby thats coming, that is so excited, it'll be about 3-4 more years till we have ours. I must say, I read your entry from yesterday and I loved it. It was so cute, I work in a job that I see different people everyday as well and I have to agree that it is amazing how some of them are. Most are cute and funny and then you have those who are down right mean. But I just had to comment on that entry, I loved it. Hope you have a good day.