Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tentative plan regarding the last post…

We are putting our house on the market. This is a huge step for us, but one we know we need to take in order to get fiscally healthy. This week, I will be doing a lot of cleaning around the house to set things up for those who will want to see the house.

The next steps aren’t fully clear yet, but they go something like this. The in-laws hire architect to draw up plans for adding on to their home (we’re hoping to create a huge two-family home or to create an apartment for us, depending on what zoning will allow). When our house sells we have the option of moving in with brother-in-law and wife or living in in-laws basement (which has been flooding this summer) until addition is complete.

My emotions along with my mother-in-laws emotions played a huge role in the decision, though logic had some part. The in-laws house is already paid for, so it would be easier to add on and allow us to pay for that than to incur a new LARGE mortgage for duplex in New Hampshire. Plus the two working parties of our families love their jobs and want to stay there.

So, that’s the plan. I feel overwhelmed, but I know we are making the best decision we can (if we don’t sell, it’s likely that in a few months we would incur more credit card debt to live or loose our home).

Pray for us!

2 comments:

Val said...

I haven't stopped praying for you guys in this situation, and I promise that I won't!

tmcroat said...

We lived with Marc's parents for a while. Everything will work out.