Saturday, April 07, 2007

Random Stuff

I promised myself I'd find time to make more than one post this month. I don't want anyone to stop checking because I haven't made a post in a month!

I've managed to get some sort of cold. I thought I'd dodged the bullet, but I guess I was bound to get this cold since Adam, Ryan and little Allison all had it.

Easter

It doesn't feel much like Easter here. We'll still have snow on the ground tomorrow. I'm longing to see tulips and other such flowers dotting people's lawns and there are none. While it may not feel like Easter, it is. Church happenings point that out very much. You can't go to Good Friday service and not be aware that tomorrow is the day we celebrate Christ's resurrection. He gave us this spring.

I read a wonderful line in my devotional today. It was talking about how easy it may be for us to point our fingers at the phariseees and say how horrible they were for getting Jesus hung on the cross. BUT "There are no good guys and bad guys, just a race of sinners who are passionately loved by their heavenly Father and who have been undeservingly redeemed by his beloved Son."

Passinately loved -- loved so much that He would die for us. We who turn our backs on Him and shake our fists when the going gets tough were undeservingly redeemed. Hallalujah, what a Savior!

Traveling

If Ry's passport makes it in time, we'll be leaving for beautiful Nassau next weekend. I'm excited about going. I will miss Adam not traveling with us. I will worry that he won't wake up in time for work and eat very unhealthy meals while I'm away. I will worry until we get there that Ry will be a horrible almost one year old... kicking and screaming to get down. But when I am there, I will relax and enjoy my dad's 62nd birthday (it's a surprise) and I will let Nana and Papa spoil my little rascal to death. I'm excited to see friends I haven't seen in awhile and just be at home in the warm weather. Should be fun.

Packing

And because of said trip I have already started packing. I hope to bring everything we may need that dear old mum doesn't have. Ry has helped with the packing, mostly closing and opening the suitcase.

So there's my post. I've enjoyed reading yours (if you have a blog). I'll be back soon. Promise

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Kris,
Happy Easter!
:)