Saturday, May 12, 2007

They called in "Sick"

It's a nice day outside today. The sun is shining, it's hot and there's not a cloud in the sky. It's the perfect day for someone to call in "sick." While I have never done this some people do, like the people who work for my husband.

See, today started out really good. Ryan woke up at an hour that I felt was acceptable (i.e. not 5 a.m.) and husband was off to work. Ry has already taken two naps, which is great because earlier this week he wasn't really interested in napping at all. The ironing is done and the house isn't looking so bad.

Husband was going to come home from work, we'd get the grocery shopping done, take a walk, watch a movie. But that's going to be another night because someone decided to call in "sick." You know, they're a mother and I bet they call in "sick" tomorrow too.

I'm really po'd about the situation. I knew when husband took this job there would be days like this, except I thought they would be when people were really sick. In addition to him arriving home around 8 p.m., I also decided not to take the car today. I mean, he'd be home at 4 p.m. and we'd get to do things together so it wasn't a big deal.

So, if you're the type to call in "sick" think about the other people missing out on time with their parent or spouse because chances are they aren't going to like you very much anymore.

No comments: