Monday, November 01, 2010

It's November?

I can't believe we only have two more months left in 2010!

Today marks the beginning of NaBloPoMo and I will not be participating this year. I only ever finished one year and the other two I gave up around the 20th day.

This year, I knew right away I wouldn't set myself up for failure. I'm taking a banking class, which is so interesting and I am totally in love with it. My course has reading... lots of reading. And I have homework... remember those days? And I have tests. Add to that the usual stuff of being mummy to two boys, wife to wonderful honey and bank teller and that's about all I can handle right now.

The boys and I will spend November learning about the letter T. T is for Thankfulness... that's our theme. I was so disappointed today as we roamed around crafting stores and found zero Thanksgiving crafts. Everything in the store was either Halloween merchandise on 50% off or Christmas items. I posted this on Facebook and here's the reply one friend posted: "People would prefer to get presents than be thankful for what we have." That's reality and it's sad.

Of course, we should be thankful everyday for all the wonderful blessings God has given us!

1 comment:

tmcroat said...

Maybe make a big cornucopia and everyday have the boys make or draw something they are thankful for and put it in the cornucopia. By Thanksgiving you should have a very full cornucopia.