Friday, September 29, 2006

Frustration and Faith

I hate it when people give you the run-around. It's been happening with this one organization for what seems like too long now. First it was that I should keep breastfeeding so I wouldn't have to get their vouchers for formula. I feel I did fairly well on the breastfeeding front, considering I pumped my milk for three months. I was sick of pumping, sick of being up around the clock to do so and felt I had done okay for the first go at it (even my doctor gave me a pat on the back, reminding me that both of our medical problems right after delivery and the ones still going on didn't set us up for a great start... we aim higher next time).

Anyway, then come to find out Ryan has issues with formula, but it's too late to turn back the clock now that the milk is dried up. So, the organization says get a prescription from good old Doc and they will make sure I get the one he can tolerate. Well, today, I show up with the script and they said I need a note of diagnosis! So very frustrating.

*Big deep breath*

On another note, I've been reading about faith. It's so easy to have faith in the good times, but when your back is up against the wall faith is hidden in the deep dark corners of life and we try to draw on other things, like logic, reason and past experience. Hebrews 11 can't say enough about the people who had deep faith in God. How would Moses know when he raised his hands that the waters would part? He just had faith and it happened. The list in that chapter is a good one. I've enjoyed reading it over and over again on my study of faith, so I share it with you so that maybe you will find a nugget of gold for yourself.

No comments: