Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Little Ben!

BLESSINGS


This past weekend was lots of fun. Our dear friends Kyle and Sarah were visiting. We had lots of fun. We played Dutch Blitz, ate Shain's of Maine ice cream, ate at Fi Wood Chinese restaurant, had a bbq, played guitar hero, talked, talked and talked and the girls made jewlery and played with Ryan and the boys played Magic.

When Kyle and Sarah left on Monday night, Adam and I both agreed we were sad to see them leave. We had a lovely time and still agree we are, dispite distance and a bad habit of not keeping in touch, closer to them than many of our other friends. When we get together, we can talk about anything and it always seems like old times.

Sarah made new friends with Ben, the boy I babysit. I am pleased to write here that he will be around a lot longer than I was thinking. His mom said she was leaving his dad and then I suppose that changed over the weekend when he promised to go to counseling with her. I really hope things work out for them. This is her second marriage.

And, in January I will be taking care of a little girl who will be three months old then. Adam and I will be back to what it was like when I had a newspaper job, though we have some debt to take care of before it's really back to old times. I have to say we feel really blessed. God continues to provide in so many ways. We've really learned a lot about ourselves and our finances through our situation. We just never thought one of us would get fired and were one of the many people in this country who weren't saving money like we should have been. While there was money in the bank, there wasn't three months of living in the savings.

Anyway, we are just so thankful and we appreciate the many prayers that have been said for us.

No comments: