Thursday, August 23, 2007

Counting my blessings

Today I recieved a great surprise in the mail. Dear friends of ours sent is a gift card. It's enough to cover our groceries for almost a month. I cried when I finally figured out what it was. At first I thought there was a mix up at home office, but then it all became very clear.

In addition to this wonderful blessing, I recieved a long e-mail from a long lost friend. His words were very uplifting in a time when things aren't so great. He suggested I count my blessings. He reminded me that while our situation right now seems bleak I have a loving husband, a handsome son, great friends and family and we aren't living on the street!

I counted a few more blessings. Our repairs to the bathroom didn't cost us a lot. My in-laws brought us a pot roast for dinner on Sunday along with lots of goodies that actually helped us make it through the week in terms of lunch food. We are going to visiting my family this weekend.

This list could go on for a long time, but making it lifted my spirits. Yay!

1 comment:

Val said...

((((hugs))))

For the record, I am all for counting your blessings, and I commend you for doing it here, but if you ever just need to pitch a fit and have someone commiserate--I'm you're girl for that. ;)

Praying that things start to feel a little easier soon.