Saturday, December 01, 2007

The man in the bedroom and other stories

There was a man in our bedroom last night. I don't expect anyone to believe me especially after the last time I saw a man on the couch and he was just a sweatshirt and guitar case (see my post from May).

But there was a man standing at the door to our bedroom last night. Adam's convinced it's the new headache medicine my doc gave me. It's a narcotic. It can cause hallucinations. That's his theory. It could be right.

My mother-in-law, however, believes in spirits. I don't mean wine and spirits, though I'm sure she likes those too. I mean the ones that visit you. Once she claims to have seen angels guarding her room while her husband was away on business. My father-in-law has seen a lady in a blue dress walk in our living room. My grandmother used to tell us that my grandfather would come and sit on the bed and talk to her after he had died.

I didn't hold a conversation with the man in the doorway, instead I tried to call for help. Hello, there was a strange person standing in our doorway. I don't know if I believe in spirits the way these other people in my life do, but there was something in that doorway, real or imagined last night and it freaked me out.

In other stories, I am anxiously awaiting my ultrasound next week. I just want to know if I'm having surgery while pregnant or if the cyst has disappeared. It's exciting that this will be my third ultrasound and that we get to see baby again. There have been a lot of people who've sent encouraging messages about this whole situation. I've needed those. Thank you.

And one last pregnancy thing. I'm hungry all. the. time. Someone help me please! I was not this hungry with Ryan. I'm sure that had something to do with being miserably sick until seven months. This time, while sick, I'm not nearly as miserable as with Ry. Having my thyroid under control probably has something to do with this. I refuse to gain one more pound in the two weeks remaining in my first trimester!

1 comment:

gingrpchy said...

I couldn't stop eating my first trimester. It was the only thing that made my nausea less severe. My hunger is a tiny bit better now. I also eat small meals 6 times a day to try to prevent that starving feeling.