Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Medical Update

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. My cyst has decreased 45 more percent since my last ultra sound almost four weeks ago. Yay! No surgery! *doing happy dance*

We even brought home photos of LM2 who has a big head just like his/her brother did! We were in the room and Adam looks at me and says, "I have bad news for you. This kid likes touching his head too." It's kind of funny now, but it wasn't when Ryan was born. He came out with his hand on his head and Adam was telling me he thinks this kid will be the same. As long as he/she is healthy, I will eventually forgive them for coming out that way, if that should happen.

Ry also had a well baby check up today. He's still 21 pounds. He's been 21 pounds for a LONG time now. He eats just fine, though if there's something on his plate he loves like meat, pasta or bread, he'll eat more of that than say vegetables. He has to go for fasting blood work (poor kid) soon. They're checking for a lot of things mainly diabetes and thyroid problems (we knew there'd be a chance he'd develop a thyroid problem because of mine and me taking drugs while pregnant). For now we'll start him on PediaSure to see if that will help him gain weight. And no juice. The doctor said he may be filling up on that, which I doubt. Most days he only drinks two to four ounces of it, but we'll do what she says.

We also think he has a UTI, which isn't going to be fun to actually diagnose. Tonight we have to adhere a cup with a bad attached to it for him to pee in while sleeping and then bring that to the dr's office. This kid is going to hate us!

Anyway, thanks again. Photo of LM2 and some of Ryan to follow this week.

3 comments:

tmcroat said...

Happy for your good news. Will keep you in prayers for the rest of the news.

Me said...

YAY! So happy to hear you don't need surgery! That is such a praise.

And I'll be praying for Ryan...I hope he feels better soon and that the not gaining weight is due to something easily explainable and treatable.

Val said...

I'm SO GLAD you won't need surgery!!!!!