Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The antler

Adam took an unusually long time getting home from work last night. His first stop was the pharmacy, where they had to sort out new rules about my prescription for my thyroid. It used to be that I could get a one month and five day supply, but now I can only get a one month supply. Really, it's not a big deal to me. We both work in a place where we can pick up my prescription whenever. It took the pharmancy 45 minutes to figure this all out.

Then Adam headed home. For you Mainers, he was just about to cross the Arundel and Kennebunk town lines when a deer ran into the passenger side of our car.

Back in the day I remember Adam telling me how a similar thing happened to Adam G. It seemed funny then.

Anyway, the deer managed to put two large dents into the passenger side of the car and completly wipe out the side-view mirror. So, Adam got out of the car to pick up the mirror. While he was doing so, a guy in a truck stopped, not to find out how he was doing, rather to pick up the antler the deer left behind before limping off into the... well it's not really woods... brush? Too shocked for words at the time, Adam wishes he'd said something like, "Hey that's mine since he hit me!" Oh well.

I'm really glad we don't have a high deductible and that this whole thing will be fixed soon. I'm also glad I wasn't driving. And I'm really glad the car is still driveable.

No comments: