Thursday, June 05, 2008

Post Script

The above title will deal with the first part of this post. We watched the movie P.S. I love you this week. I give it two thumbs up, five stars, and believe it belongs in our collection. However, if you plan to rent it, you may want to keep a box of tissues with you while you watch. The movie was a great reminder that time is precious with the ones you love.

In other news... Timothy is growing. We have days where he feeds great and days where we keep reminding ourselves that he was early and this feeding thing is harder for him than other newborns. He still sleeps A LOT, but with a near term baby, that's to be expected. He has more periods where he opens his eyes and takes in what he can, but it's different for him than it was for Ryan. We still try latching on, but we're pretty sure we're just going to pump ye olde breastmilk and give Timothy a bottle. I feel no guilt this time around. I felt horrible that it didn't work out for Ryan to breastfeed. I beat myself up about it, but this time I know that whether I pump for three months like I did for Ryan or if I make it through a whole year, I'm doing my best.

Ryan has been a great big brother and loves to help out. He thinks he should get milk everytime Timothy does. He loves kissing his brother and touching his hair. He's been very gentle so far.

I'm feeling much better emotionally and physically this go around with pregnancy. I think emotionally it's been a huge boost to have Adam at home. He's had to go into work each week for a few hours, but those times away have given me a chance for a trial run with two kids. We've managed to play outside without him and haven't had any major problems. We haven't, however, managed to put Ryan down successfully for a nap when he's been gone. That will take some more work.

Physically, my stitches have healed wonderfully. I know they won't be fully healed for a few more weeks, but in comparison to last time, I'm feeling a million times better. My last stitches were awful and it took well beyond the six week mark to feel somewhat normal again. I think we were in the six month region when I felt like myself again. That in and of itself makes this time easier on my emotions. Plus there haven't been any horrible blood tests for Timothy yet. We're hoping we can skip them, but I'm sure we'll still have to do some sort of check on his thyroid since I was taking medicine for mine during the entire pregnancy.

Next week Adam goes back to work and I have a week with the kids on my own before my parents arrive on the 14th. Anyone in Maine who wants to hang out is more than welcome. I have a few plans for my sanity, but I welcome visitors, too.

We've managed to do some fun things as a family also. Today we are supposed to go to York Wild Animal Kingdom, but it's been overcast and while they aren't calling for rain I'd hate to get there and not see all of the animals.

1 comment:

tmcroat said...

I loved "P.S. I Love You" and cried a lot.