Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Scarlet

Miss Scarlet in the billiard room with the wrench. Well, that's one possiblitiy. However, it's Ryan in the doctor's office with scarlet fever. Sigh. I'm still not sure how this happened, but it has happened. On Sunday night Adam noticed a rash on Ryan while giving him a bath. We thought maybe it was from sunblock and an afternoon spent in the sun. The next day I noticed the rash, but thought the same thing as Adam. But on Monday evening the rash looked like it could be measles, but Ryan had no fever. We decided we'd see if the doctor could see him at the same time as Tim's first well baby check up. And so it was decided yesterday afternoon that little man has scarlet fever and should take some antibiotics to get rid of it. The doc thinks Tim should be okay, but if he gets a fever, we're to bring him in right away.

So it was Timothy's well baby check up yesterday and he is a nice even 9 lbs now. Like Ryan, Timothy will have to go for blood work on his thyroid. I'm waiting to do that with my parents who will be here next week. I did Ryan's first blood test on my own and it was the worst idea a lady who has just had a baby could have. After they poked him for almost two hours before finally drawing the blood, I was a mess. We won't risk that this time. My parents went with me for Ryan's second blood work event and it went so much better. Basically, the doc just wants to make sure the meds I was taking during pregnancy (which were completly safe -- and if i hadn't taken them there is a chance I could have miscarried or had Timothy even earlier than I did) didn't do anything to Timothy's thyroid.

So far the early weeks of having a new baby are going better this time around. I, of course, have my meltdowns, but overall I'm feeling much better since delivering Timothy than I did when I delivered Ryan. My nights have been a bit difficult this week since Adam is working really long days because it's inventory tomorrow. He gets up at 5:30 and comes home at 9. He's exhausted and I can't even wake him up in the middle of the night so I've been doing feedings etc alone. I'm exhausted by the end of the day and can't wait for bedtime, which seems to be coming later and later. I'm looking forward to naptime today that won't be ruined by a trip to the doctor (Ry napped in the car yesterday and that meant I got no sleep).

In other news... Adam and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary this past Sunday. We enjoyed a nice dinner at the Steakhouse. The food was great, the service lousy, but we were glad to have some time without the kids. Then we took a walk on the beach. Below are two of the photos from our walk.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy belated anniversary...6 years, huh? Wow! I know your parents can't wait to see you...and Timothy!!! :)