Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The good the bad and the ugly

I stole this post idea from someone else's blog. This is all the time I feel I have to blog today.

The good: Ryan went pee-pee on the potty today... three times. My parents got him a potty as a gift and at first he rejected it, then hid his artwork in it and then decided to "wet" in it.

The bad: Ryan has a rash again. He had a fever for three days and then the rash showed up. They said it's viral and we'll wait to see if it clears up by Friday, which is when Timothy sees the doc for a check up.

The ugly: I have mastitis again. Talk about disappointment and pain. I wept about this today. I don't think any mother thinks they'll get mastitis once, let alone twice. I think we all hope breastfeeding will feel wonderful and be wonderful and for some it is, but I have, unfortunately, not had that experience.

2 comments:

Val said...

((((Kris))))

What a bummer on the mastitis. Maybe it's just a bump in the road? I had it twice with Carolyn and three times with Abbie and I *KNOW* how badly it sucks (no pun intended).

Anyway--regardless of HOW you feed Timothy, you are a GREAT Mommy and you're doing the very best you can for him.

((((hug))))

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

glad you stole my good, bad, ugly idea...that's what blogging is all about :). I don't read regularly, but when I do, i enjoy reading your blog...hope the pumping/nursing continues to go better. I had to pump right after my second was born too...but eventually I got back to nursing. good luck!