Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Winter is fun

I like winter. I like the first snowfall. I like hot chocolate. I like soup. I like the things that go with winter like jackets and scarves. I like cookies and anything chocolate, especially hot chocolate. I like snowballs and snowball fights. I like snowmen.

But I hate driving in the snow. While I think I've gotten better at it over the years, I still don't enjoy it.

This morning I had an appointment at my second home... the doctor's office. It was a Post Partum Depression follow up. We'll do meds through the winter and then attempt to get off of them. I'm ready to be done with them now that I am feeling much better. It was also a visit for my poor ear which is killing me again. My ear infection is back... sigh.

Anyway, it was snowing when we were leaving. Ryan thinks this is awesome. Mom does not think it is awesome. Tim just hates the car seat and would rather be playing on the floor or in the exer-saucer. It wasn't too bad on the way there because it had just started snowing.

But then I had to go pick up another prescription, which may cause me an allergic reaction since it's made from penicillin, but will get rid of whatever has been bothering my ear for three months now (off and on, not continuous). So I debate weather to go to WM or to pick it up at the local Rite Aide. I decide to go to WM... I need a few things to finish this craft Ryan and I are working on anyway.

By the time they fill the prescription it's really snowing and I'm white knuckled driving home. The roads are slippery and people are fish-tailing like no other. We make it home in one piece and Ryan asks if we can go to the library. "Uh, not today kiddo. Maybe tomorrow."

We eat a warm, yummy lunch and put Tim down for a nap. We bundle up and go to play outside in the snow. We had lots of fun building a snowman and having a snowball fight.
And now for some hot chocolate.




2 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

I hate driving in snow too. In fact, I think my fear of it ranks right up there with public speaking...I avoid it at all costs!

Me said...

What fun pics! And yes, driving in snow is so very nerve-wracking. I am so glad that my snow-driving days are few and far between these days.

I hope the antibiotic finally kicks your ear problems. Icky!!