Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 08

Here's a quick review of our Christmas.

Christmas Eve
We traveled to New Hampshire to spend Christmas with our friends (and Ryan's Godparents) Vince and Kristin. We ate a lovely seafood stew for dinner with some really yummy herb bread. There was dessert, but I was so full I never tasted it. Ryan insisted on opening gifts. Kristin decided it would be good to let him open one. It was a sippy cup. Ryan said he didn't want it and was completely uninterested in opening gifts after that.

Christmas Day
Breakfast, church and present opening filled the morning. We played in the snow and with the kids in the basement until it was time to cook dinner. Dinner was yummy and we were all so sleepy we went to bed early. Ryan LOVED opening every one's gifts, including his gifts. Little did he know there were more to come. Ryan didn't want to leave his Uncle Vince. He thinks Vince is the most awesome person, which is great. We know we can leave him with them and he'll always be happy and fine.

Boxing Day
My friend and former high school maths teacher, Tom Barkley, came to visit. We had a nice time catching up. When he left Ryan was so excited to open the rest of the gifts under the tree. He opened every one's gifts again and didn't want to go to bed. He's particularly in love with his new road that Nana and Papa got him, his travel auto repair shop and his tool box. Tim got a new buddy (so he can leave Ryan's beloved Paws alone). He was picked out by Ryan at Build-a-Bear. He's black and his name is Duke. Tim thinks he's great. Ryan holds him sometimes for Tim. It's really cute.

And now for the ear update...
I saw the ENT today... he says the swelling in my ear will go away in one week if I just take some ibuprofen. I am not convinced, but will try it anyway. He says the pain I feel is from swelling from the last infection. He was nice and all, but I'm just not convinced. The pain is intense and ibuprofen doesn't do anything for it. Sigh.

And I tried to add photos, but blogger wasn't interested in letting me do that. They are on Facebook for those of you who have that. The rest of you will have to wait. Sorry!

No comments: