Monday, March 16, 2009

A fun week

I can't even being to post about how much fun we had this past week. On Saturday and Sunday it was so nice out. The kids and I were able to get some much needed doses of warm weather and sunshine. Then it snowed on Monday and we had freezing rain on Tuesday, or was it Wednesday? I discovered that Tim LOVES the sled. He laughed when I pulled him around and cried when I stopped. It was really cold out the day we did this and we didn't stay out long. We came in and had a warm bath. I think he's so cute here!


We spent a few days in Manchester with our friends Vince and Kristin. This is Tim playing in Ryan's Police house thingy. He's saying, "yeah, I'm in here, what you gonna do about it?"
We had such a good time at Vin and Kris' place, even though every one of our girl night things kept getting ruined. First, the salon closed at 6 the night we arrived and there was no pedi and eyebrow wax with facial massage (wicked cheap), so we went to Big Lots instead and bought stuff, mainly for the kids. The second night we were going to do one of those paint your own pottery things and the place was PACKED. The lady said it is never like that. Just our luck. We did more shopping, this time at Wal-Mart and Target. Sigh.


We also went to see the train come in on Friday. Vince's friend John was coming for a visit and Ryan was super excited to see a train again. It ended up being way colder than we thought it would. When we left it was sunny and 50 and when we got to the train station the wind had picked up and it was like 40 or something crazy like that. Here's Tim wearing Ryan's Elmer Fudd hat. Sooo cute!


Ryan freezing with Vince while waiting for the train.


Ryan on Wednesday driving his car in the slush. This was the day Tim came down with this horrible bug. Snotty nose, horrible cough and diarrhea! Not fun at all!!!


Ryan didn't want to leave Manchester. Lucky for him, we'll be back very soon (coming in a post later this week).
Oh and I'm reading The Historian. It's so good and I don't want to put it down, but we did painting today and tried to play outside. And we had to play with Play Doh and drive trucks on roads too and neither of my kids too an afternoon nap. Now Ryan's fast asleep and Tim is kinda asleep. He keeps moaning and then crying... poor baby. I hope he gets better soon.

2 comments:

gingrpchy said...

I'm jealous of all Tim's hair! He's such a cutie. Katy's hair is growing SO slowly.

Kris said...

He's already had a few tiny hair cuts from me, but I think he'll get his first "real" one before his birthday... we look back at Ryan and realize he needed one then and he had less hair at that point.