Sunday, May 03, 2009

grrr

We were on the way to Wal-Mart to buy Ryan new shoes, since he keeps telling us his feet hurt in the ones he currently wears, when the car broke down. I was the driver and I looked at Adam and said, "I'm pushing the gas, but we're going slower."

We just made it to the side of the road as it died on us. Something smelled like it was burning. We called our friend Kristin (we're again in Manchester visiting) and she hooked us up with th towing company and local mechanic that Enterprise uses (that's where she and her husband work). The towing was cheaper than I expected (Kyle, I was thinking of you and Adam's late night break down in college). Now we wait for the repairs.

We're all trying to think of the positive stuff instead of the cost of the towing, the rental and the repairs. For one, at least this didn't happen at 8:30 this evening on the way home. We'd have gotten there a lot later than planned. The towing did not cost $300. We are all safe. It didn't happen when I was alone in the car with th kids. I tend to panic and not know what to do. I love that Adam is so calm during these situations.

That said, it still doesn't make me happy that we broke down, but we do have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: