Thursday, May 21, 2009

Here we go again

I thought about making this a good, bad and ugly post, but then it just didn't say enough so I'm making it a longer one.

The last few weeks I've been exhausted. Like sleep for 12 hours at night and nap during the day and still feel beat, exhausted. It stinks because I want to do things with the kids, but I go outside and yawn while I watch Ryan run around and Tim is attached to my hip.

I scheduled an appointment with the doctor. I just couldn't take being tired anymore. I was convinced it was my thyroid.

The good news: I am not pregnant! While I knew that I wasn't, I hate taking that test "just in case" because I would hate to be blindsided by a pregnancy. I especially would hate to be blindsided with that info when Tim is just one and I don't think I want more kids.

The bad news is that I was right and my thyroid is being bad again. So today I had an ultrasound which revealed I have two nodules on my thyroid (I think I had two three years ago, but I'm not sure) and I had more bloodwork done on thyroid hormones.

The ugly is that I have to be tired probably until Thursday when I have my follow up visit again.

At least we have a diagnosis!

2 comments:

gingrpchy said...

That's awful! I pray the doctors get it all sorted out and fast.

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Oh Kris...I am so sorry to hear you've been so tired! Hope the doctors can help you quickly and that you'll feel energized soon!