Monday, August 31, 2009

Iowa here I come!

I can't believe that tomorrow it will be September! The year has gone by so quickly. I cringe when I think of all the scrapbooking I haven't done yet and the journaling I should have done to remember things my kids have said and done this year.

I am also excited when I think of this month! It seems like a long time ago that we started planning for me to travel to Iowa for the wedding of my second college freshman roommate! Now, it is upon us... and in less than a week Elizabeth will be a married woman! I am so excited to meet Chris for the first time and so excited that I can be a part of their special day.

For four days I will be away from the kids and hubby while hanging out with Elizabeth, her family and friends. Adam will have his hands full with our two little boys, but I have full confidence that he will do just fine and that the boys will have a great time with their daddy.

I have a lot to do this week. Clean, iron, plan meals, pack. I also have to hang out with the kids and make these things that I have to do fun for them. We're going to the beach tomorrow with a cousin of mine (I am excited about this!) and maybe heading to the pool at the in-law's house this evening. I expect to be tired when I hop on the plane on Friday morning, but intend to come home well-rested!

Iowa, here I come!

1 comment:

Me said...

Have a great trip! I bet it will be wonderful and really weird to be away from the boys for so long. I'm excited to hear about it!