Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sugguestions wanted

Adam is taking me to his office party this year. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal. I mean, how hard is it to show up, mingle and eat? I guess the issue is that I haven't the slightest idea what to wear, the main reason being that I still have about 5 pounds to loose since having Ryan. Pants are too tight, a dress seems too formal and that leaves jeans. I asked Adam what we are supposed to wear and he said he called and they said something along the lines of Khakis and a sweater. I think I have three sweaters that fit, all of which I would say are frumpy, and no khakis, just jeans.

This past weekend we had to go to an event that required dressing up and I have to admit that I wore a pair of maternity pants (from the early months) and a maternity jacket that was size small so it really didn't look like one. However, the fact that they were maternity clothes just put me in a rotten mood. It'd be okay if I WERE pregnant, but I'm NOT pregnant. It's actually rather depressing.

I have no idea what to wear. I spent today, Tuesday, stressing over this issue. I want to look nice. Who doesn't? I especially want to look nice because these are my husband's co-workers and I don't want to be the frumpy-wife-who-just-had-a-baby lady. My options right now consist of that maternity outfit and a dress that is too formal. GRRR!

So it comes down to the fact of buying something or creating an outfit out of some items in the closet. Will it be black pants, a nice sweater and heels or is that still too casual? A skirt? (it's supposed to be wicked cold on Saturday, so I'm not leaning toward this option) Or??? I have no idea.

Suggestions are very welcome because I officially hate clothes!

2 comments:

Val said...

I wish I had suggestions...... I do have sympathy! I would offer suggestions, but you know I am Queen Frumpy and my clothes don't look like before, during, or after the whole um... 'pardum' thing. (How in the world do you spell that??)

So for now, I will just simply say--I feel your pain. I hate clothes too!

tmcroat said...

I went to Marc's holiday party that was supposed to be Business Casual. so I wore a pair of cordiroy pants and a sweater. We walk in and there are ladies in black strapless dresses and if they weren't in a dress, they wore black pants, a sparkly sleeveless shirt and dressy heeled shoes. I felt underdressed. Wear Black pants and a sweater. Hope your experience is better than mine.