Sunday, December 24, 2006


Ryan at yesterday's party wearing an Elf bib given by a great aunt and playing with the Barbie SUV... he was playing with the convertible first, but this was cute. He just wants a car to play with... doesn't matter if it's girly.

CHRISTMAS EVE

It's Christmas Eve! Maybe there should be no "!" at the end of that sentence. While I am happy, I am also wicked tired. On Friday night we were out 'til 2:30 and dear young Ryan woke up at 6 the next mornining, or the same morning. We were with friends and it was well worth being up so late. I loved every minute of our visit.

I managed a two hour nap and then had to do the mommy and wife stuff. You know, cleaning bottles, packing a diaper bag for later, cleaning house. Then we were out again. Off to a family party for Adam's grandmother. It was nice. We played poker and won. Well, the first game Adam's mom got me out on the first hand. Then Adam came in second. The second game Adam and I were the last two and we just split the money. The game had been going forever so we just ended it. But while we were there Ryan of course got hungry, so I went to get a bottle and there were none! I had left them at home on the stove. I had formula though and lucky for us we were in a home with lots of babies. Thank heaven Ryan was a good baby that wasn't picky about which type of bottle his milk came in because we would have had to drive home 40 minutes with him screaming. He just drank it like a good boy. Then I went to change a diaper... had diapers, but no wipe. I felt like disorganized mommy.

While we were there Ryan ate some Banana Yogurt... the baby stuff. The kid is so sensitive to milk and I never thought he would get sick if I gave him this stuff. He did great. Ate the whole jar! Loved it! We wake him up for his 10 p.m. feeding and he pukes and pukes and pukes! I felt so bad for him. We were standing him up in the tub and he was shivering and we were trying to get him all clean and everything, but it was awful!

This morning he's better. And it's a busy day. Church this morning. Out shopping this afternoon because dadda hasn't finished his shopping yet. Then church this evening with the grandparents. Then dinner at the cousins and home again!

I've enjoyed this weekend so much. I got out of the house! More to come next week too since I don't have Ben anymore. Though it won't necessarily be getting out of the house as it will be seeing friends. Kathleen, my friends Marie and Tanya are coming over for a knitting lesson! Maybe I'll actually master purling!

Merry Christmas all!

No comments: