Thursday, October 02, 2008

Great Friends = Great Fun

The last week or so with the kids has been tough. Adam has worked some long hours and I just really needed a break. On Sunday evening, Adam suggested we spend our Wednesday with our good friends Vince and Kristin.

On Tuesday when Kris called to find out if we'd be there for dinner, I really didn't want to go. My ears have been hurting since Saturday and I really just felt like scheduling an appointment with my doctor and getting some sleep.
But we packed up the kids and drove the hour and a half to Manchester on Tuesday night anyway. I am so glad that we kept our plans to go to Manchester.

On Wednesday morning, Kris made us a very yummy breakfast just like she always does. Ryan mostly enjoyed his Apple Jacks, but the rest of us enjoyed the fresh baked bread, eggs and sausages.

While feeding Timothy, Kris did my makeup for me. It was like a little makeover... one of the nice ones, not like what you'd get at the mall. It was nice to be pampered when I didn't even ask!

We packed up a picnic lunch and made plans to see the elephants that were coming for the Ringling Brothers Circus in Manchester. Kris packed an awesome picnic. We had pasta salad, tuna sandwiches, fruit and veggies. When we left the house it started to rain, so we weren't sure how this event would work out.




The rain did stop and we found parking spots near the park and near the area where the elephants would walk by to the Verizon Arena. The two boys were sleeping, but us adults very much enjoyed our picnic. When Ryan finally awoke from his nap he mostly ate carrots and dip, which is so typical of him right now. Food must have dip.




We waited for two hours to see the elephants. We passed the time by taking photos and watching the airplanes fly overhead from nearby Manchester airport. We also watched numerous trucks drive by. Ryan named as many as he could from buses to trash trucks to mack trucks. At 3 p.m. we finally saw our elephants. None of us had seen Asian Elephants before so this was a real treat. Ryan LOVED seeing the elephants. He kept saying "big nose, big elephants."





When it was all over, us girls headed out for our first girl date in a long, long time. We went to You're Fired pottery studio and spent two wonderful hours working on some Christmas pieces. Kris painted a cookie platter that had Christmas ornaments all around the edges and I painted a santa clause that was opening his pants to make a bowl to put candy inside. I can't wait to get it back and take photos to post here (I didn't take my camera on this trip and had to rely on Kris and Vince for my photos to post on my blog).

After dinner we decided it was time to come home. We got about ten minutes away when I realized we didn't have Paws, Ryan's beloved buddy. We turned around and picked him up and then came home.

I had a GREAT day and can't wait to spend next Wednesday with Vince and Kris at the New England Aquarium.

No comments: