Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Vacation was great


Our vacation last week was great. I was so looking forward to Adam having a full week with me and the kids and then it was over all too fast.

On Saturday we started potty training. Then we went to a birthday party and had dinner at Alex Pizza with Gillie and Adam. We also went to the park with them and to Dunkin Donuts. It's been a while since we've seen them, which is really just not right since we live in the same state and are about 40 minutes away from each other. It was nice catching up.
On Sunday, we just went to church, worked on potty training and I went to work in the evening.

On Monday, we went to visit Memere Jan who is the mother of our friend Tanya. We had a great time. Enjoyed some lovely coffee cake and, of course, books (she's a children's librarian). Then Adam had a conference call and we played outside with the kids.

Ryan reading with memere Jan

On Tuesday I got my hair cut really cute and then we packed up and made our almost two hour trip to Manchester. This trip was so worth it! I had a blast. On the way there we had to stop in Epping to purchase Ryan's first prize for making it to the first star on his road of potty training. This proved to be more complicated than we thought and we spent an hour at that Wal-Mart. I also had to purchase a few items for the dinner I was making so Kris wouldn't have to do it when she got home from work. We had a lovely dinner, attempted to watch Notting Hill, but ended up just going to sleep.

The hair

On Wednesday we packed a picnic lunch and made the journey to Boston. On the way, Kris and I picked up or pottery. We can't wait to go again.




My santa above and Kris C's plate.


Our trip to Boston was nice because Vince, Kris, Adam and I split the cost of renting a mini-van (they work for Enterprise so this was extreemly cheap and worked out to $15 for both families) so we all got to drive together. We walked through Little Italy to get to the New England Aquarium. We really had a blast (minus the fact that I had a super headache). We saw penguins, jellyfish, a HUGE turtle, seahorses, star fish, electric eels and much more! Ryan loved it, though I think we were all tired at the end. We had gelato and cannoli in Little Italy on the way back and bought a loaf of yummy bread, which we made into garlic cheese bread to eat with our spaghetti that we had for dinner.


Ryan looking at the penguins


A male penguin


The turtle


On Thursday, Kris went to work (sigh), but the guys and I had our wonderful experience with the fire wings (see previous post) and played with the kids at the park. The guys also went to the shooting range while I watched Definitly Maybe and the two boys napped. Vince made us a wonderful bbq dinner and they convinced us to stay one more night (really we had nowhere to go on Friday).

On Friday, we drove back from Manch, Adam got a massage (I'd purchased him the gift certificate for our 6th anniversary) and I went to work.


Alas, vacation is over and we are back to our normal routine.

I have lots of upcoming posts. They include: pumpkin carving, a potty training update and more photos of the boys playing in the leaves.

No comments: