Monday, February 16, 2009

Mommy workouts and cute Ryan sayings

So this mommy wants to know how other moms find time to work out. I can never seem to find a good time. I'll take any advice I can get. It's like 9 p.m. and I am just now getting done all the stuff that I do. Ryan didn't nap today so there was no time for that. I'd love to take a walk outside, but it's too cold. So, how do you workout in the winter inside when you are always with the kids?

**********************************************************************************

Ryan asked to read The Hungry Caterpillar before bed tonight. We have nine other books we've checked out from the library, but each time we check this one out, we read it a lot. So, tonight we were going through the book and I was letting Ryan fill in the pauses in my sentences. "He ate through one...." and Ryan says, "apple." "He ate through two...." and Ryan says, "Mushrooms!" (if you've never read the book, the pictures are of pears. I couldn't stop laughing. Ryan laughed, too.

Then we get to the part of the book where he eats through everything under the sun. The second to last picture is of a muffin and what does Ryan say? You guessed right: mushroom! At least I could get how he could get a mushroom out of that one. What a funny kid.

2 comments:

gingrpchy said...

I'm not sure how helpful this is for you since Ryan is so much older than Katy. Katy and I have exercise time together in the mornings. She jumps in her jumperoo while I work out.

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

I haven't checked your blog for a while...lots of interesting posts :). Yea...about that working out thing. Well, I try and drag my butt to the gym a few times a week...but it's usually late at night, when my husband is home. Since we had some good weather earlier this week, I did get out and run outside once...but that's not going to happen often until the snow is completely gone. Honestly, it's just hit or miss until the weather warms up! With little ones at home, you're probably getting a pretty good workout already...and in another month, you can go for stroller walks...yippee!