Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Ohio

We were in Ohio last week for my grandfather's funeral. I decided to go because I wanted to be with my mom on the loss of her parent (I missed grandma's funeral about two years ago because we had no money) and also to have that possible one last time to see all the aunts, uncles and cousins.

I can now say that I have performed with my Uncle Tom. He sang a beautiful song called "If you could see me now" and I did sign language for it during the service. I liked this type of funeral since just about every member of the immediate family did some part. It felt special more than just having a service done by a pastor.

I was nervous about flying by myself with two kids. The flight there was perfect. Both boy fell asleep during takeoff and woke up when we landed. The flight back was awful. Ryan cried for 40 minutes straight about a car that didn't exist. He then fell asleep. The guy next to me was really nice, but I wanted so badly to crawl under a rock. I was so embarrassed because it wasn't just crying it was screaming as loud as he could.

I had fun with my aunts, uncles and cousins while in Ohio. My aunt has a new dog named Nessarose and she is so sweet. Ryan was scared of her the first few days (he's been scared of dogs since a pug jumped on him and took his chips), but by the end of our stay he was telling me he liked Nessa and wanted a dog like her. We got home and he was still talking about her and telling me his dog is going to be named Presto. Nessa is a toy poodle and costs about $300... I don't think we're getting one anytime soon. Even Tim liked Nessa, except when she barked at him.

We spent afternoons at a local park and Ryan loved it. It was huge and awesome. I even liked it.

And now we're back and enjoying some warm weather in Maine and wishing to be with family again.

1 comment:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

you brave soul, flying alone with two!