Sunday, January 28, 2007

Favorite taste

This favorite was a lot more difficult than I first imagined. There are a lot of things that taste good.

I discussed this with dear husband and he helped me come to my senses. It's curry. I love curry, especially curry chicken. But I like curry in general. I love the spicy flavor. I like curry in Indian, Jamacian and even American foods. I just like curry.

When my parents come to visit, mom must make a big pot of curry chicken. At this point, I don't even have to ask anymore... it's on the menu that week. I can eat the entire pot, but won't. I often find curry tastes better the next day when the spices have had time to get, well, spicier!

A fond memory of a particular curry dish is that my mom always made it when we had guests over. Everyone loved it. I love those family gatherings. I love people so I also loved it when she prepared it for missionaries who visited our church. My husband says we sit around the table too much in my family, but to me that's where it all takes place, where you find out about a person's day and about that project at school. And it's even a better event when there's curry.

No comments: