Thursday, January 25, 2007

Favorite thing to see

My first post is going to be about sight. I decided on sight because recently I have been experiencing vision loss in my left eye that is pretty much unexplainable. I've been to two doctors and have no diagnosis so far. I've told Adam so many times that I'd rather be deaf than blind because while I wouldn't be able to hear anything I wouldn't miss seeing him or Ryan or any of the other pretty things in the world. Plus I know sign language so that's a plus. I'll blog more about sight loss in a few days... maybe when there's more to tell than this.

My favorite thing to see is a sunset on the beach. I particularly like the sunsets seen in the Abacos while vacationing with my family. I can remember being really young and going up to the second floor of my grandmother's house in Green Turtle Cay, Abaco, opening the shutters (there are no real windows) and waiting the sun set over the water. I did this very thing the day she died. I was 15-years-old then.

Since that time we've made it back to the Cay numerous times. I've photographed MANY sunsets on the water. Many of them have sailboats in them. I love how each sunset can be different. Some are very yellow, some orange and some a beautiful hue of red.

I think seeing a sunset if very peaceful. I can't ever remember a stressful vacation on the Cay. Days are spent reading books, fishing, snorkeling and driving around in a golf cart. Nights are spent playing card games and talking with family.

I also like sunsets in Nassau at the beach. We often went to the beach in the late evenings during the summer and we'd be walking to the car at sunset. It's just a really pretty event that isn't duplicated in any other sunset I've seen.

I wish I had a photo to post here, but none of them were taken with a digital camera. But that's my favorite sight and I hope I am able to see many more of those in my lifetime.

No comments: