Thursday, February 07, 2008

The five-month check-up

Ryan and I ventured out today for my five-month check-up. I would have preferred to stay indoors and not clean off a truck and then drive in the snow on slippery roads to the doctor's office, but I went anyway.

On Monday, we had the 20 week ultra sound... a week late. Doc says baby is not too big and not too small, ovarian cyst is gone and oh btw my placenta is no longer covering my cervix. She'd forgotten to mention this little tid bit until today. She mentioned she thinks she withheld the info on me because this pregnancy hasn't really been a picnic and she didn't want me to worry. While I'm glad she considered my mental health, I kind of wish I had know about this whole thing.

In another fun pregnancy twist I get to visit a poditrist in the next few weeks. My left foot feels like someone stabbed me there. It hurts when I sit and hurts worse when I walk. Worst of all it KILLS when I have to stand up for hours on end at my part-time job. It just so happens some women have feet problems during pregnancy.

And in just a few weeks I get to take that wonderful Glucose test. I didn't mind it so much with Ryan and I hope I feel the same way this time around.

In an update on the binky thing, Ryan is doing really well. It takes more than a hour to get him to nap in the afternoons, but he isn't screaming like he was a few days ago. I know by the end of the month he'll be fine with the napping and giving us trouble at bedtime. We all went out yesterday and purchased the movie Cars for him. It's his favorite and I've watched it so many times now I could probably recite the movie. Oh well.

No comments: