Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I'm in one of those moods

I made an attempt at posting a video here, but every time I try it takes forever and then tells me it can't be saved. I've tried posting the shortest one and it doesn't work either so I just give up. It was a cute video of Ryan playing with bubble wrap. Mainly he tried to avoid it and when he did step on it he screamed with delight and giggled. It was really cute.

Ryan had a particularly difficult day with the pacifier. He cried a lot on two occasions before finally going for his nap at 2:30. If you use a pacifier with your baby, don't make the mistake we made. Get rid of it between 9 and 12 months. 21 months... well now almost 22 months... is just way too late.

I haven't been in the best of moods. Baby two is busy kicking and has been since very early this morning. Sleeping is starting to become more difficult mainly because it's hard to find just the right way to be in bed and be comfortable. With Ryan I woke up each night at 2 and went back to bed at 4. At least it hasn't been that bad yet.

In addition to lack of sleep, I fear I may have an ear infection. I'm not too happy about this development.

To add to my moodiness I wish spring were here. I'm so sick of winter and being indoors. I think Ryan would love to be outside were it not nine degrees and snowing. It'd be good for both of us. Since I can't be at home in the Bahamas, I'm just longing for it and trying to come up with new things to do with Ryan so he isn't bored. An endless supply of new, age appropriate toys and games would be so welcome. I'll take any suggestions!

For now I'll take my grr-y self upstairs to clean up our lunch mess.

1 comment:

Val said...

(((((hugs)))))

We're stir crazy too. We're going to make Valentines out of footprints this afternoon I think. Trace their feet, and glue them together into a heart shape.

Hang in there.