Monday, February 25, 2008

Out and about

Ryan and I spent the afternoon out of the house. It was really nice to get out, even if the first part of it was at a doctor's office. I had my podiatrist visit today. I have been diagnosed over-pronation which is an issue with with plantar fascia, or the heel and arch of my foot. I get to wear pretty orthotics in my shoes. We get to hope that this goes away after pregnancy, but there's a chance, like my hyperthyroidism, it'll hang around.

After that visit we spent daddy's lunch hour with him and had a drink at Dunkin Donuts. We also saw Ryan's great aunt and looked at pictures of Ryan's cousin, who is just so cute. We also walked around WM, visited the shoe store to get my orthotics and put money in the bank.

Ryan loved being in the car, pointing out other cars as we drove along. At 24 weeks prego, I can no longer carry him around like I used to, so he got a lot of exercise from the car to each store or place we visited.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the day I go to my breastfeeding refresher class, but we're expecting a snow storm. I just wanted to go for new tips since I had such a hard time getting Ryan to latch on and ended up giving up breastfeeding and went to pumping for three months before going to formula. There's another class in March, so I'm not worried, plus I've read just about every breastfeeding book I can get my hands on thanks to the library.

Speaking of books, I picked up a book today by Michael Connelly, my favorite author. It's a Harry Bosh book and I couldn't find it in the library because it's only available in paperback. Thank you WM for filling my need for a good book to read. I can't wait for Ryan to go to bed so I can start into it (Adam's working late tonight).

Yay for a day of different things to do!

No comments: