Saturday, March 01, 2008

Random

Here are a few random things that don't quite make up an entire post.

* I had my blood glucose test on Friday. Instead of the orange soda like stuff I had the one that was supposed to taste like Sprite, but just tasted like artificial sweetener. I’ll know the results this coming week when I go for my six-month check-up.

* Friends of my mother-in-law gave us a double stroller. Yay for double stroller!

* My mum sent a book with lots of activities for Ryan and I to try. There was a new toy for Easter in the package, too.

* I like my job, but I hate it when people get mad at me for things I cannot control. This week, a lady had her check denied. Usually most people just pay with a credit card. She said her check shouldn’t be denied because there was money in the bank (like we haven’t heard that before). I explained that there was a check that bounced for $35 at our store and I couldn’t take her check. She got upset and dug herself into a deeper hole when she said the check wasn’t her check, it was her husband’s (it was one of those starters with nothing at the top). I explained that the check had to be her own check that meant I definitely could not take the check. She wanted to know what she should do with her stuff and I explained I could suspend the transaction for a few hours and she’d be able to come back to our service desk and pay for her items with another form of tender. She stormed off. Came back an hour later demanding to know where the items she intended to purchase were. And did I mention the guy behind her wanted to know what was taking so long. And the person behind them handed me wet money. And a few customers after that a lady hands me money that looks like someone crumpled it and tossed it into the trash. Come on people!

* My day off was approved for Palm Sunday. We’re going to visit Ryan’s Godparents in Manchester. We rarely get to see them and we're really looking forward to this opportunity. A few days before that Adam’s taking me to get a pedicure, manicure and foot massage. This is my Valentine’s Day gift. We just had to plan for the right day (he’s been working a lot).

* I finished my Michael Connelly book in two naptimes. I’m now reading two books… “Nineteen Minutes” by Jodi Picoult and “Odd Thomas” by Dean Koontz… only because Adam said “Odd Thomas” is really good and we have to return it to the library soon.

* Facebook is fun because I can post videos of Ryan for my parents and others to see.

* I’m hungry. I’ll go look for a snack.

No comments: