Monday, April 28, 2008

Boy names?

The husband and I are struggling with a boy name. We had the same problem the year Ryan was born. He didn't get his name for a full day after his arrival. We've read lots of baby name books. We've read lots of baby name websites. If you read names in alphabetical order, it gets really old after a while. I've read lists and lists and still we have no name.

So now we're taking suggestions in hopes of finding that baby boy name just in case this is another boy. We've asked family and had a few possibilities, but nothing we're sold on just yet. I'm worried we'll have another boy and the nurse will ask what we're naming him and I won't have a clue again. And then we'll scramble that night or morning to figure out a name.

Help!

6 comments:

Val said...

Zebulon? Xavier?

Lee? Kerry--and then he can go by Kerr McGee? (Ok sorry... like you haven't heard that one before...)

Alexander?

George?

Jorge?

Adam II

Abel or Seth (you know since they are Adam's son).

Maximus?

Kris said...

Thanks Val... Xavier is on the list of possibilities. Alexander is Ry's middle name. I thought the idea of Abel or Seth was cute... I can run it by the husband. Aaron is also a contender. Maybe we just need to narrow down the list?

MEF said...

sebastian?

paul?

aidan? (my absolute favorite name of all time)

seamus?

irish names for the little boy mcgee

Tracie said...

There is a little boy in my Sunday School class named Torin and I think it is a cute name that will go nicely with Ryan. Ryan and Torin.

gingrpchy said...

We didn't fall in love with any boy names but we liked David. We didn't get very far with the boy names once we found out we're having a girl.

Betsy said...

I suggest Colin - a good Irish name. If you use it we might have kids with the same name someday. The top of my list is Charlie, although if I end up with a guy with the last name of brown (which is Chris's) I can't do that to my son.