Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Pregnancy update and random news

I think I've lost a little bit of sleep this past week with thoughts of a possible c-section, so I was anxious for today's visit with my doctor. I had all these questions. While I am okay with a c-section, there's so much I just want to know. My fears were calmed a bit when I (a) hadn't put on even an ounce this week (must be all that outdoor play with Ryan) and (b) when I actually measured just right for fundal height. If I keep on this track and my next ultrasound doesn't show a mammoth baby we're doing a normal vaginal delivery... complete with an intrathecal (spinal).

Thanks to all who have been praying for us. This news really lifts my spirits mostly because I know what to expect with this type of delivery and it would take place in the same hospital as last time. We also have this huge "to do" list that was being a bit messed up with the thought of having a baby at the end of May. We have all these things we want to do with Ry before baby arrives like go to the zoo (it doesn't open until May 24), go to the New England Aquarium and the Children's museum. Not to mention, his birthday is thrown in this mix too, though we'd decided it'd be really small this year with just family and his godparents.

Of course my "to do" list also includes getting some baby things ready. I'm psycho, so the hospital bag is already packed, and has been packed since six months (just like last time. I just don't want to forget anything). The 0-3 month clothes and some 3-6 month clothes have been washed and put into their place. But, I still have things like the swing and bouncy seat to get out of storage and clean up. Of course, I have scrapbooking to finish, too. I'm feeling more motivated already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In some random news...

Ry has been sick this week with a cold, which he so nicely passed on to us. He's been up most nights so we're a bit sleepy, too.

The weather has been nice so we've done lots of playing outside. This can be difficult when you have to get to the doctor's office in just a few minutes and your kid wants to go on the swing and draw with chalk on the driveway. It's also really good because I don't have to invent different things to do every day. We just go outside and he's happy to run around. Next week we're expecting lots of rain, so we'll be back to indoor activities. Sigh.

My friend Sarah C. had baby number three on Monday. Little MaKayla and her mommy are fine and we can't wait to see them soon.

I officially turned in my LOA papers at work today. I really miss being there. I like the people I work with so much and I wanted to stay and hang out, but knew that was a bad idea.

Photos will be coming soon of Ryan's first Chuck E. Cheese experience with me and his grandfather.

No comments: