Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Pregnancy update

Today was my 33 week visit with the good old doc. I also had an ultrasound before seeing her. Baby is very cute and has hands in mouth and eyes open. He or she is practicing his or her breathing, which was really fun to watch.

Adam was sad to have missed this ultrasound, but my mother-in-law came to keep an eye on Ryan who loves to get into the tech's papers.

Anyway, baby is average. At this stage of pregnancy a baby generally weighs around 4 lbs. Our little munchkin weighs about 4.5 lbs and is in the 50th percentile for weight. The heartbeat was 139 bmp for those of you who think this means something. With Ryan that old wives tale meant nothing.

So we proceed with pregnancy like it was any normal pregnancy. Labor will happen when it happens, though Adam has given strick orders that it wait until he's finished taking his NCLE (National Contal Lense Exam) at the end of May. I think that's do-able.

And, oh, I measured a week ahead... it means nothing, if you ask me. I'd read that most women are supposed to measure within two centermetres give or take at each appointment and that it's considered normal. So I'm considering myself and this pregnancy normal.

No comments: