Monday, May 05, 2008

Second Birthday Party



We had Ryan's second birthday party this past weekend. It's a little early, but we had no other free weekend and we figured he really wouldn't know it wasn't his birthday yet. Last year, we had the party a week late so both of our parents and as many of our friends as possible could be there to celebrate Ryan's first year. This time, I'm glad I was smart enough to realize I'd be tired and I only invited a few people.

Ryan had a lot of fun playing with his cousin Madison while we waited on his godparents to arrive. They were late due because of their work schedules. Ryan loved opening his gifts, but got stalled after he opened his Mater toy from his Aunt Vanessa and Uncle Nick. They also got him a dust pan and broom as a gag gift because Vanessa and Ryan both like to clean (case in point, I was doing laundry when he woke up and he told me "what a mess!").

Ryan was enjoying everyone singing Happy Birthday until he realized they were singing it to him so he hid under the table. He managed to blow out his candle with a little coaching from his dad.

At the end, I was beat and glad I didn't wait till later in the month. I still have a few weeks left to go (three to six, depending on if I deliver at 37 or 40 weeks, I guess), but I am really, really ready. My back hurts and I'm at the point where sleeping is difficult because belly is so large. I know there is an end, but I am ready.

No comments: