Friday, May 30, 2008

Silly husband

Adam woke up this morning upset that I hadn't gotten him up last night to help with Timothy. I told him he'd fed Timothy while I pumped (Timothy simply sleeps when put to breast and the lactation consultant suggested we keep trying, but pump and give a bottle to supplement during the night... while we're still trying, we've decided this way worked for Ryan and can work for Timothy too.). He even burped the little man, but remembers nothing.

When I asked him to help out Adam was sound asleep. He sat up, took Tim and the bottle and seemed to be gettting ready to feed him. When I looked over to see how things were going he was just holding the bottle and I had to say, "You might try putting that in his mouth so he can stop sucking his fingers and actually eat." And he did what I had suggested.

Still husband remembers none of this today. Silly man!

Best of all... Timothy has been sleeping three hours between feedings at night... so much better than Ryan ever did. I was up every hour and a half with Ry at this point. I'm really thankful for the rest. Ryan wants to play all day and when he naps I just want to be with my husband who so deserves this time off so actually getting some sleep at night and waking feeling rested, is so very nice.

No comments: