Thursday, May 22, 2008

The 36th week

My visit this week was almost the same as it was two years ago at this point in my pregnancy. I'm dilated to a 2 and not effaced at all. My doc was excited that things have started because she's hoping it will mean I won't go to 40 weeks which will make it less likely that baby will be huge. I have some mixed feelings about going to early. My parents planned their trip so they could be here and not miss out, but I have so much pressure that some days I wish baby would arrive sooner rather than later.

I am well aware, though, that baby will arrive when he/she wants to arrive. I'll keep walking and eating spicy foods in hopes that this will help speed up the process, though not too much. I was eight days early with Ryan and some number around there would be fine.

I've been having lots of cramps, which doc says are contractions, though for me they are different than any I've had before. I know each pregnancy and labor can be completely different so I take her word for it. Whatever happens, happens.

No comments: