Thursday, May 15, 2008

Our little boy is two

I can't believe that Ryan is officially two today. Where has the time gone? It doesn't seem like it was that long ago we were looking at him on my belly in the delivery room trying to figure out which of our family members he most resembled.

It had been raining for days on end when he arrived. Someone said we should have named him Noah, but that never crossed our minds. On our way to the hospital we were almost in an accident, not by anything we did, but because there was construction on 111 and some guy decided to drive off road and into some construction cones. We made there safely and six hours later Ryan was born.

On the way to the hospital we discussed boy names. He had no name until the following morning. I still have the list of names we considered that night as we looked at him in the recovery room.

It's hard to imagine life without him. While some days are a true challenge, I'm glad he's ours. He's become quite the practical joker and reminds me of my brother in that respect. I love watching him play with his dad and I love how he calls out "night" to everyone as he goes down the stairs to bed at night.

I excited to watch him continue to grow and learn and though I know it won't be challenge-free, I'm sure he's going to make a great big brother.

No comments: