Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Well child check-up

Ryan had his two year well child check up today. We waited 45 minutes before ever making into the room. He'd been up since 5 this morning so he was pretty cranky and I kept praying we were up-to-date on shots so we wouldn't leave in a horrible crying fit.

Thankfully, there were no shots and Ryan is doing incredibly well. It's amazing what a difference five months can make. He's now int eh 25th percenitle for weight as opposed to the fifth percentile so we don't have a million more blood tests to take. I seriously would have done the happy dance had I not been so tired.

Ryan, however, will be going for a speech evaluation. While we all hope it's just that he's slower than most at speech, we would like to nip any issue in the bud. He hasn't been putting two words together. If you ask him to say down please or up please he usually opmits the first word and just says please. If you pester him to say the first word, he says that one alone too. He also substitutes easy words for harder ones or just simply calls EVERYTHING a car. Of course, it doesn't help that the words he wants to say all sound similar, though he uses car for cars, trucks, color, crayons, chalk, cup. He loves to read and responds VERY well to instructions he just can't use his speech the way I think he wants to.

This visit with a speech therapist makes Adam more happy than it makes me. I do want him to advance, but I guess I'm not ready to admit there might be something wrong that needs therapy just yet.

I go for my 36 week check up on Thursday. But I want to share my wacky dream with you guys. Last night my dream was that I gave birth on Friday, May 23 (this was Ryan's due date) to a boy who weighted 10 lbs and we had no name picked out. I doubt any of it. I think it all has to do with us still not having a boy name picked out.

No comments: