Friday, April 18, 2008

Ryan's first big boy hair cut


My son had his first hair cut and I am ever so proud. I have to admit, both Adam and I were doubtful about this experience when we left for the barber shop this morning. Adam was worried that Ryan would be terrified of the person cutting his hair based on the fact that he was scared of the Easter Bunny. I was fearful based on the fact that he's been a bit crabby lately.


Yesterday I started preparing Ryan for the visit. I told him daddy was going to get his hair cut and we'd like Ryan to get his hair cut like a big boy too. This morning I reminded him that when daddy got up and ready, we'd be going for a big boy hair cut. No more mommy hair cut attempts.


Daddy went first and had his hair done. We thought the same lady cutting his hair would do Ryan's but then the owner showed up and asked Ryan if he wanted a hair cut to which he replied, "yes."

He took Ramsdell's hand and walked to the chair, got his paper neck thingy and cape put on and let him cut his hair. He hated the cape and neck thing and managed to take both off. Then he saw he was getting dirty, so he allowed Ramsdell to put the cape back on. Toward the end of the hair cut he managed to get the cape off again and proclaimed to all in the barber shop that it was, "trash."


He never cried. We were so proud.


And then he got up and said, "thank you," and picked out his own lollipop.


Amazing.


No comments: