Saturday, July 18, 2009

Creativity

I'd love one of these for our kids play room. I think they are awesome, but at $600, the cost is just too much. We're on a tight budget these days.

We thought about what we could do. We could build one ourselves, but that still would cost money. Then I remember the guinea pig cages sitting in the basement. (We made our own guinea pig cage out of those cubes most college kids make bookshelves.)

We went to work.

This is what it looks like and I am happy with our creative results!

2 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

Looks nice! I've seen similar storage units like the one you wanted at Ikea...prices aren't too bad! I'm guessing the nearest Ikea to you is in MA....that may be farther than you want to drive. Here's the storage units: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/12018/

Val said...

You guys are awesome!!!!