Thursday, July 16, 2009

Weaning

We are weaning Tim from the bottle. He loves his "baba," so this hasn't been so easy.

This morning I gave him one of these sippy cups and he opened it and spilled the contents on the kitchen floor. Protesting? I think so.

Then I gave him one of these cups and he drank a little and then cried a lot.

I hate the crying part. He asks for his "baba" often. I know it'll be a few days of cranky and then he'll be happy, but I hate this part.

How have you guys made it through this part of toddlerhood?

3 comments:

ABOUT XIN LEI said...

oh man, I remember going through that with Fen! It was aweful...I don't think we weaned her off the bottle until she was almost 2 years old! With Di, I've started a lot earliera...he still drinks from a bottle, but I started doing sippy cups awhile back, so he's slowly getting the idea. The bottle/sippy cup system that BornFree has is pretty cool. You can change the bottle to a sippy cup in stages. First add the handle to the bottle, then after awhile, change the bottle nipple to a sippy cup nipple...it's seemed to work for me so far! Good luck...it's these little things that can make or break a day for us mommies, isn't it?!

Sarah L. said...

We try distractions... toys, treats, whatever works. Sometimes nothing works and Katy just cries.

Unknown said...

Kris he likes a straw have you tried a quick straw cu