Saturday, July 25, 2009

Job

I'd hoped by now I'd be babysitting for Adam's cousin. However, their loan fell through and they're working on getting another, or possibly renting in another town in the opposite direction from Adam's job.

I talked with her last week and told her that we really need some money, so I'd have to start looking for another job. If their loan comes through before I get hired somewhere else, I'd be happy to start working for them, but we just can sit around hoping that things will work out.

This week, I looked online at many different job postings. I applied for a part-time bank teller job and a job as a before and aftercare person for the YMCA. I also found out my dear old WM is hiring again and will apply there again this weekend.

On Thursday, within hours of post my resume online for the bank job, I got a call back for an interview. I really like this job idea. I love the part-time hours and so does Adam. It'd be Thursday all day and Friday and Saturday half day, which could work out with a schedule for Adam at his job. I asked Adam if he thought I would get the job and he said, "no." He said his feelings are not based on whether I am qualified or not, it's based on the fact that almost four years ago I applied for a bank teller job and was turned down. But, we're both hoping this job works out. We wouldn't need a second car and the kids wouldn't need day care (though we are considering signing Ryan up for a few programs at the Y because he is behind in his social and emotional development...that to come in a different post).

For those of you who pray, we'd really appreciate the prayers for a job. This job interview is Tuesday at 9:30 a.m. Thanks!

2 comments:

Val said...

Oooo! I'm praying! I hope this is THE one for you.

gingrpchy said...

Me too.