Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bummed about a little bum

So, today was the weekly doctor visit that I so look forward to, especially knowing that baby can make an appearence any day now. I think I'd rather have gone on blissfully thinking about my last visit than have the news I had today. I now know how my friend Sarah felt after being 3 cm for weeks only to be told on her last visit she was only 1 cm dilated (she gave birth that same evening).

So, what was the news that was so disappointing. Well, not only have I regressed in the dilation department, from 2 cm last week to only 1 cm this week, my doctor is almost sure that Little McGee has his bum in the downward position, rather than his head. *Sigh* As she was feeling my belly today, that's the last thing I expected her to say. And after an internal exam, she still felt the same way. So, that hard lump we've all been touching, thinking it's the baby's back or something, might very well bed the head. I hope we haven't dented it or anything of the sort.

On Thursday, I make my way to the hospital to have them do a position check via ultra sound. Here's hoping the doctor is wrong. Needless to say, I am bummed that baby's bum might be in the wrong direction. As I drove home, I thought about it all, the possiblity of a c-section and how this was the one thing I feared, knowing my grandmother's babies were all breech babies.

I guess there's no use worrying about it, especially since we'll know in a few days where little baby rests. Until then, I go to work and hope for a good day.

No comments: