Saturday, May 27, 2006

Friends are a good thing. Yesterday was a wonderful day for me. I got up and fed Ryan at 6, took a nap and then my friend Lyn stopped by with breakfast! We had a lovely time visiting together. We hadn't seen each other in probably a month, so it was nice to get together. We always seem to get togther over food, which, in pregnancy, was great and after pregnancy still is great!

While Lyn was here, Ryan pooped all over me. He'd taken a shot at daddy the night before, but missed. He's been on amoxicillin and I think it's given him explosive poopy. So, Lyn was lucky becuase I was just about to pass Ryan off to her.

Then, my friend Kristin came over. She and Vince are getting married in just a few weeks and they will be the godparents to little Ryan. She took me out to lunch at Backstreet Grill -- oh so yummy! And then spent the day with me. She fed Ryan while I pumped, chatted with me, helped me do grocery shopping and took me out for a DQ Blizzard!

Oh, and Kim visited also. It was great to have friends stop by. Mostly, it was good to have such a wonderful friend in Kristin who would take her day off to spend it all with Ryan and me. This is the kind of thing a new mom needs. It's good just to be with someone else and not all alone with baby for millions of hours (Adam worked both of his jobs yesterday and wasn't home until 9:30 p.m.)

And I can't forget my other friends who have written in response to my "On being a mommy" post. I need them to "be there" just as much as the people who are physically here. It's all about knowing people care and are there to support you, whether through a phone call an email or a promised meal if they could only be here.

And love is what joins us all in friendship. As my friend Merri would say, "Love is the egg in the hamburger: it binds us all together."

No comments: