Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Update on baby

Monday marked my last day at work. While I am thrilled to be off of my feet, I do miss the interaction with customers and staff members. I feel a little spoiled by them and know that I work for and with wonderful people. Everyone kept asking when I was punching out, which made me a bit suspicious, but thankfully only a few people were around to wish me good luck (I really hate being the center of attention) and to give me a beautiful basket filled with items for Little McGee.

Tuesday was yet another doctor visit for me. This time I am about 2 1/2 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced (my how things change from doctor to doctor). I am confident that if I keep walking, Little McGee can still arrive on Adam's vacation week so the three of us have some alone time together to figure each other out. I also had a non-stress test yesterday. It was neat to see the contractions and the heartbeat charted on the machine.

Today, I get to go back to the doctor for a test they forgot to do and which needs to be done before I give birth.

As for my time off of work, I've created a list of things to do before baby arrives. I was told I won't get them all done, but at least I won't be bored and wondering what to do with myself. And if anyone wants to do lunch or anything, I'm game.

No comments: